At the elementary level of farmers will be organised in each and every village as farmers Self Help Groups. SRDC offers consultancy to establish a Common Facility Centers for Sericulture (CFC) at each and every village / block / taluka through SHG. Farmers SHG will make the farmers more efficient in terms of awareness and will easily get the first aid help in need..
SRDC is following entrepreneurship development program of Central Silk Board.
Responsibility of CFC's:
- Procure only certified hydrid seed.
- Rear the Chawki worms adopting methods and procedure stipulated in the regulation and distribute disease free chawki leading to successful cocoon trip.
- Conduct testing of chawki worms for all batches.
- CFC shall provided with the equipment and related required material on sharing basis to sericulturists.
Consultancy Services to be provided by SRDC
- Support for project making and paper work for establishment of Sericulture Common Facility Center.
- Guidance for loan from Banks / financial institutions and other legal formalities.
- Import of Machinery for Sericulture Common Facility Center from foreign countries.
- Efficient engineers and technicians for the construction of Common Facility Center.
- Modern machines with latest tools and technology for Common Facility Center
- Support for the operations in Common Facility Center
- Support for Technical training for CFC operation.
- Market linkage guidance and support for Common Facility Center.
- Farmers / clients having one acre of own plantation and sufficient infrastructure to establish Common Facility Center for construction of rearing houses both in traditional and non-traditional states shall apply for consultancy.
- Must have sericulture / agriculture experience.
- Farmers / clients shall be selected only after the scrutiny of the proposals.
- Consultancy shall be in accordance with the:
- Consultancy shall be provided to farmers & sericulture entrepreneurs who have associations of beneficiaries / sericulturists.
- number of beneficiaries
- infrastructure for common facility center
- Geographical conditions